The United States and Canada bilateral relationship is among the closest and most extensive in the world. Each day, $2.0 billion of cross-border trade is conducted between the U.S. and Canada. 300,000 people cross between the countries every day by all modes of transport. The two nations work cooperatively on border security, law enforcement, environmental protection and free trade on multiple levels from federal, to state and provincial, to local.
The “Beyond the Border” initiative outlines a vision for perimeter security and economic competitiveness whereby the U.S. and Canada work in partnerships within, at, and away from our borders to achieve enhanced security and accelerate the legitimate flow of people, goods, and services between our two countries.
Several successful joint law enforcement programs including the Integrated Border Enforcement Teams (IBET), Border Enforcement Security Taskforces (BEST), and the ShipRider Integrated Cross Border Maritime Law Enforcement program, demonstrate the unique partnership between the U.S. and Canada.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) conducts pre-clearance operations at eight Canadian airports, allowing air travelers to arrive at domestic terminals in the United States by screening and making admissibility decisions about U.S.-bound travelers and their accompanying goods or baggage prior to departure. The United States and Canada intend to enhance pre-clearance operations and expand them to also cover land, rail, and ferry/cruise travel as part of the “Beyond the Border” Action Plan.
Who should attend this all important event?
• Canada Border Services Agency
• Canadian Army
• Canadian Coast Guard
• Canadian Rangers
• Canadian Security Intelligence Services
• Corporate Security Directors
• Import/Export Firms
• International Government Officials
• Law Enforcement Associations
• Local, State and Provincial Police
• Michigan State Police
• National Defence and the Canadian Forces
• National Guard
• Office of Critical Infrastructure Protection and Emergency Preparedness
|• Ontario Provincial Police
• Public Safety Canada
• Railroad Police
• Royal Canadian Airforce
• Royal Canadian Mounted Police
• Royal Canadian Navy
• Transportation Executives
• U.S. Border Patrol
• U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
• U.S. Coast Guard
• U.S. Customs and Border Protection
• U.S. Department of Defense
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• U.S. Department of Justice
• U.S. Department of Transportation
• U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
• U.S. Marshalls
• U.S. Navy